Thursday, July 23, 2009

Editing

It really amazes me how much editing can be done. I sometimes shoot 1200 images and photoshop 600 of them, some with more post, the others just a bit of tweaking with colors and vibrance. I've done so much photoshop in the last month that I can not look at anything without trying to smooth it out with the tools that are permanently in my mind now.

Today I completed a boudoir session and a wedding. Every day you can put in 12 hours or in the case of today, 16 hours and it is still never enough. But I had a moment today sometime between a skipped lunch and late supper that I was completely happy and amazed at the job I have created for myself. I couldn't be luckier. I meet the most amazing people and I learn from them with each encounter.

Some days are harder than others, some days I'm a boss, a creator, an office manager, and a photographer somewhere in the mix up and some days I find myself wearing all the hats at one time, haha. Others who are self employed understand this part. At least we are never bored!

I probably shouldn't ramble at one in the morning, but I am exporting images so I can burn them to disc and I feel like writing before I attempt to get any sleep.

Tomorrow I will likely post the images of the wedding I just completed. If uploading didn't take so long, I'd be putting them up tonight as I am excited to show them!

Vitalia

1 comment:

  1. TOTALLY relate to this!!
    Good luck, Vitalia, and we'll see each other in the Winter haha :)

    ReplyDelete